Learn how to apply for an Ecuadorian passport in this article. You will also get to know about the fee / validity / documents required for an Ecuadorian passport among other things.
What is the eligibility criteria to apply for an Ecuadorian passport?
Essentially, if you are planning to get hold of an Ecuadorian passport, then you will have to be a citizen of Ecuador else you will not be able to get an Ecuadorian passport.
Furthermore, if you are 18 years old or have crossed the age of 18 then you will have to apply for an adult passport; whereas for the rest of the applicants who are less than 18 years of age, (you) will have to get the child passport.
Documents required for an adult Ecuadorian passport
- Identity card
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate (applicable to a few applicants)
- Fee receipt
Documents required for a child Ecuadorian passport
- Birth certificate
- Identity proof
- Parental consent
- Parent’s identification documents including the marriage certificate
The applicant has to go to the passport office along with the original documents listed above.
Procedure to apply for an Ecuadorian passport
- First of all you will have to go to the official website of the passport issuing authority
- At the website, collect the passport application form
- Fill this application form
- The applicant will be required to answer a few simple questions listed in the form
- Attach the documents required to get the passport issued
- The next step is to pay the passport fee or the passport issuing charges
- One can make use of their credit or a debit card to pay the fee
- The applicant shall next be required to submit not only the application but also the documents at the passport office
- You will also have to take the fee receipt along with the documents
- At the passport office, you will have to be prepared to provide the bio – metric details
- These details are inclusive of the signature / photograph / finger prints
- The applicant should remember that the passport is issued only when they go to the passport office in – person
Fee for an Ecuadorian passport
- One has to pay $ 70. 00 USD to get the passports issued
- While the elderly people have 50 % exemption
- And for the people with some disability, they do not have to pay anything for the passport
Validity of an Ecuadorian passport
An Ecuador passport is basically issued for about 6 years.
Ecuadorian passport application processing time
It would basically take about 15 to 20 working days to have the passport issued. But one has to keep it in mind that to get the Ecuadorian passport earlier & without much trouble you will have to see to it that the form is filled properly & minus the mistakes. Moreover, you will have to collect the passport from the passport office.
For further information or clarification on the Ecuadorian passport, click on the following link – http://www.cancilleria.gob.ec/pasaportes/#