In this article we have in a very simple manner stated as to how the Finland nationals can renew their Finnish passports. Also get to know the fee / validity / eligibility criteria.
One can renew their Finnish passport either online or offline that is by post. But only the nationals of Finland will be able to get their passport renewed. Moreover if you are looking at renewing your passport when in Finland, then you may go to the Police License Services Office.
And if you are not in Finland, then it is not an issue as you can always get your passport renewed at any of the Finnish embassy or a consulate. All is required is that you fill the complete form carefully.
What is the eligibility criteria to get a Finnish passport renewed?
- Firstly, to get a Finnish passport renewed, the applicant has be a national of Finland
- Secondly, the age of the applicant is to be 18 years or more than that
Documents to be submitted when getting a Finnish passport renewed
- Recently issued or a current passport
- Proof of identity
- Photograph retrieval code
- Marriage certificate ( if applicable)
Process to renew a Finnish passport
- First of all you will have to go to the Police License Services Office official website
- Select the appropriate form at the website
- Fill the details according to the fields marked for them
- Next step would be that you will have to upload the documents asked for
- After this, also add the code that the photographer had given
- This code is nothing but the photograph retrieval code
- As for the fee, one can pay it online
- When you fill the form, you will get to know whether you will have to go to the Police License Services Office in – person or not
- The simple reason is that your passport’s application form will be processed only when you visit the office
- And if you happen to visit the Police License Services Office, then booking the appointment in advance will come handy
- Because you would not be required to stand in that queue for a long time
- However, if you happen to submit the renewal application form online, then booking the appointment is not required
Track the Finnish passport & application processing time
Once the formalities are completed then the applicant will receive an envelope which will have the passport tracking number. Make use of this number & track your passport.
And as for the processing time, it usually takes about 5 to 8 working days for the Finnish passport to be issued. When it is issued, you can always go ahead & use it when travelling.
- One can click on the following link to fill the form online – https://asiointi.poliisi.fi/#main
- And if you wish to book appointment then click on this link – https://asiointi.poliisi.fi/ajanvaraus/reservations/?lang=en
- However, for more information click on – https://www.poliisi.fi/passport Choose Finnish Passport Express Service Process