Citizens of Georgia can have their passports renewed very easily. This can be done from any part of the world provided you are a Georgian. To be specific, if the applicant is in Georgia then they can head to the passport office to have their passports renewed.
However, if the applicant is in some other country then the applicant has to go to the Georgian embassy or a Georgian consulate to get the renewal process going.
Eligibility criteria to renew a Georgian passport
To have the Georgian passport renewed, the most important things are that (1) the applicant has to be a citizen of Georgia & (2) that you should hold a Georgian passport (which can be either an old one or a current passport).
And as per the age of the applicant, the passport is renewed. Hence it is advised that you are aware of the age of the applicant’s age.
Documents to be submitted to renew a Georgian passport
- Current or the recently issued Georgian passport
- Proof of identity
- 2 bio – metric photographs
- Marriage certificate (it is applicable to a few applicants only)
- Proof of residence
- Fee receipt
Steps to renew a Georgian passport
- To get a Georgian passport renewed, one should get the Georgian passport renewal application form from the passport office
- Individuals can also download the application renewal form from the passport issuing official website
- When you take the form, fill it with the correct details
- Do not forget to attach the documents to the application form
- If you are not sure about the documents to be attached, then have a look at the documents list given above
- The applicants will next be required to submit the application form at the passport office
- The applicants shall then receive an acknowledgement
- However, this acknowledgement apart from the passport application number is given to the applicant only when the form has been successfully submitted
- Make use of this passport application number & schedule an appointment to give the authorities the so – called bio – metric details
- These details are inclusive of the finger prints / signature & yes, the photograph
Georgian passport renewal fees
- If you wish to get the passport renewed on the same day then pay 205 GEL
- To get the passport on the 2nd working day, fee is 190 GEL
- For the 3rd working day, pay 150 GEL
- While for the 5th working day, fee is 120 GEL
- And if you can wait till the 10th business day, fee is 100 GEL
Georgian passport renewal application processing time
To have the passport renewed at the earliest the applicant has to submit the filled – in application form as well as the documents & the current or the recently issued passport.
For further clarification on the Georgian passport, click on the link given here to be directed to the official website – http://sda.gov.ge/?page_id=7417&lang=en