Lithuanian passports are issued to the citizens of Lithuania and same is the case for renewing a Lithuanian passport. In this article, we have very clearly stated the process to renew a Lithuanian passport. In addition to this, you can also get to know the fee / eligibility criteria / documents required / validity of the passport among other things.
One has to remember that a Lithuanian passport can be renewed at the police office or at a Lithuanian embassy. Read on to know more on Lithuanian passport renewal process.
Eligibility criteria to renew a Lithuanian passport
To have a Lithuanian passport renewed, the applicant has to be a citizen of Lithuania besides being a Lithuanian passport holder. One can renew their passport depending on their age. For an adult passport, applicant’s age has to be 16 years or more while for a child passport age of the applicant should be less than 16 years.
List of documents to be submitted to get a Lithuanian passport renewed
- Recently issued or a current passport
- Birth certificate
- Identity proof
- 2 recent colour photographs
- Marriage certificate (valid for a few applicants)
- Fee receipt
Steps to renew a Lithuanian passport
- To get a Lithuanian passport renewed, the applicant will have to first get the passport application form
- Collect the form from the office
- Fill this passport renewal application form with correct details
- Next step would be to attach the documents
- When the above steps are completed, pay the fee
- Fee can be paid in cash or opt for a debit / credit card payment
- Submit the application form as well as the documents at the office
- Applicant has to take the fee receipt as well
- When the documents have been successfully submitted, the applicant shall receive an acknowledgement
- This acknowledgement will have the passport application number
- Use this number to schedule a bio – metric data appointment
- The said bio – metric details are to be given to the authorities
- Signature / photograph / finger prints form a part of these details
What is the validity of a Lithuanian passport?
- 10 years is the passport’s validity for an adult passport
- Children from the age of 5 to 16 years will have passports that are valid for 5 years
- However, children who are under 5 years will get a passport which is valid for 2
Lithuanian passport fee
- Adult passport’s fee is 100 EUR
- For a child passport, you will have to pay 50 EUR
Lithuanian passport renewal application processing time
One can expect for the Lithuanian passport to be renewed in 10 to 15 working days only when all the required documents have been submitted & the passport renewal application form is filled correctly.
If you require more information on the Lithuanian passports renewal application, click on the link mentioned here to be led to the official website – http://www.migracija.lt/index.php?-1497548128