Nationals of Luxembourg or as it is known as the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg are the ones to whom a Luxembourgish passport is issued. This passport happens to be a travel document that is used for international travel. Moreover this passport serves as not only a passport but also of a Luxembourgish citizenship.
However, in this article, our focus would be on how to apply for a Luxembourgish passport besides getting to know the eligibility / documents & many other things related to a Luxembourgish passport.
Who is eligible to apply for a Luxembourgish passport?
- Essentially a citizen of Luxembourg can only apply for a Luxembourgish passport
- And for an adult passport, the age of the applicant has to be either 16 or more than that
- However, for a citizen who is under 16 years of age, they can apply for a child passport
Documents required for an adult Luxembourgish passport
- Birth certificate
- Proof of identity
- Marriage certificate (applicable only to a few people)
- 2 colour photographs (recent ones)
List of documents required for a child passport
- Birth certificate of the child
- Proof of identity
- Parental consent
- Identification proof of the parents
- Parent’s marriage certificate
- 2 colour photographs, it should be the recent ones
Procedure to apply for a Luxembourgish passport
- First things first, you would be required to get the passport application form from the passport office
- Next thing to do is to fill the form completely
- Make sure that you do not make any mistakes when filling the form
- After this, attach the documents that have been listed above in the article
- One should go to the passport office in – person to submit the passport application form
- Once the above formalities are completed then you would be required to pay the fee
- One can pay the fee either by credit or debit card or in cash
- On successful submission of the application form, you will receive the acknowledgement
- This acknowledgement will have the passport application number
- Schedule an appointment for the bio – metric details (to be given) using this application number
- These bio – metric details include photograph / signature / finger prints
Luxembourgish passport application processing time
Actually it takes about 10 working days to get a passport. Moreover, it is advised to the people that they submit the documents properly in order to get the passport issued without any delay.
Validity of a Luxembourgish passport
The validity of a Luxembourgish bio – metric passport is 2 years for the children who are under the age of 4. However, if the applicant is either 4 years old or more than that, then the Luxembourgish passport’s validity is 5 years.
Download the passport application form
One can download the Luxembourgish passport application form apart from clarifying their doubts or get information by clicking on the link that has been mentioned here – http://www.gouvernement.lu/3313509/minist-affaires-etrangeres-europeennes