It is becoming day by day easier to get the Malaysian passports renewed. And to help you out further we have listed out the means of getting your passport renewed besides understanding the various aspects related to it.
What is the eligibility to get Malaysian passport renewed?
To get the Malaysian passport renewed, the following things have to be met with –
- The person who is wishing to get the Malaysian passport renewed has to be a citizen of Malaysia
- And secondly, the applicant has to have the earlier issued Malaysian passport
Where can I apply for a Malaysian passport?
Well, one can apply for a Malaysian passport only if they are citizens of Malaysia. And if you are in Malaysia then head to the Immigration Office & if you happen to get the passport renewed from outside Malaysia then apply at the Malaysian Representative Office.
Documents required to get the Malaysian passport renewed
- Proof of identity or the MyKad
- If MyKad is not available then applicant must submit a temporary identification certificate which can be either JPN.KPPK 09 / 11
- Birth certificate has to be submitted when a temporary identification certificate is given
- 2 recent photographs with a light blue background
- Earlier issued passport
Documents required to get a child’s Malaysian passport renewed
- Parent’s identification card
- Parent should also come along with the child when the form is to be submitted
- Birth certificate of the child
- Identification card or MyKad
- Current passport
Steps to get the Malaysian passport renewed
- Applicants will have to first get the passport application renewal form from the Immigration office near their residence
- One may also download the application form online & this can be done through the Immigration Department again
- Fill the application form completely, I mean do not leave any field
- And see to it that the information given on the passport application form is correct as, if any mistakes are there then correct them before submitting the application form
- The next thing that you should do is that & never by chance forget this – the applicant has to not only plainly sign the application form but also add the date as in when the form was filled as well as signed
- After signing the form, you will be required to attach the documents mentioned in this article as well
- The applicant will have to pay the required fee in any of the following manner that is either in cash or through the credit card
- One may also go ahead & pay the passport renewal fee by postal order
- You will be then required to submit the Malaysian passport application form at the Immigration Office or the Malaysian Representative Office
Fee for the Malaysian passport renewal
- RM 200 is to be paid as the fee to get the Malaysian passport renewed & this is applicable for the applicants who are in the age group of 13 to 59 years
- However, for the senior citizens, the fee is RM 100
- And finally for the applicants who are 12 years old or below that the fee is RM 100
To pay the Malaysian passport fee renewal, one can either pay in cash or use their credit card or may even opt for the postal order.
To get the passport renewed, it takes about 1 to 4 hours at the max.
For more information click on – http://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/