A Peruvian passport is issued by DIGEMIN or the Peruvian Immigration & Naturalization Authority. In this article we have clearly stated as to the process of how to get a Peruvian passport in simple steps.
Moreover, one can apply at either the passport office when in Peru or at a Peru embassy when away from the home land. Scroll the page to know more about the Peruvian passport.
Who is eligible to apply for a Peruvian passport?
- Essentially, to apply for a Peruvian passport, the applicant has to be a citizen of Peru
- Secondly, one must understand that the passport is issued according to the age of the applicant
- Hence if you are either 18 years old or more than that, you will get an adult Peruvian passport
- However, if you are below 18 years old then be ready to get a child Peruvian passport!
Documents required for an adult Peruvian passport
- Birth certificate
- Peruvian identity card
- Marriage certificate (only valid for a few citizens / applicants)
- Fee receipt
Documents required for a child Peruvian passport
- Birth certificate
- Identity card (Peruvian)
- Parental consent
- Parent’s marriage certificate
- Parent’s Peruvian identification documents
Steps to apply for a Peruvian passport
- If you would like to get a Peruvian passport, you will have to firstly, go to the official passport issuing website
- Next step would be to fill the passport application form completely
- The applicant has to be clear about the point that the details in the form have to be correct
- The applicant will then be required to pay the passport fee or the processing fee with the help of either a debit or a credit card
- The time you have filled the form & put together all the documents that are required, you shall (next) submit the form
- And yes do not even by chance forget to take the fee receipt with you
- Head to any of the passport offices near your residence to submit the Peruvian passport application form along with the documents
- Once the passport application form as well as the documents are submitted, the applicant will next have to provide their bio – metric details
- These bio – metric details include photograph / finger print & the signature (of the applicant)
- These details are necessary to be given
- And none can escape if they wish to get a Peruvian passport issued
Peruvian passport application processing time
It would take about 20 working days to get the Peruvian passport issued. And the time taken is inclusive of the verification process. Most importantly, you will have to keep it in mind to submit the documents in the proper order & the application form has to be filled completely.
Apart from this, you will have to not only apply but also collect the Peruvian passport in – person only from the passport office.
Official download link – Application Form Download
To know more about the Peruvian passports or clarify your doubts, you can click on the link mentioned here – https://www.migraciones.gob.pe/index.php/contacto/