Peruvian passport is an important document that one should have. Hence wherever in the world, the citizens are, they can get their passport renewed. Now let us say that the applicant is Peru only then they can have their passport renewed at the passport office.
But if the applicant is outside Peru (in another country) then get your passport renewed at either a Peruvian embassy or a consulate. This article will help you further as you will learn how to renew your Peruvian passport.
Eligibility criteria to renew a Peruvian passport
To renew your Peruvian passport, the applicant should not only be a citizen of Peru but also should hold a Peruvian passport. Apart from this, as per the age of the applicant you will have to apply for a passport. The minimum age of an adult passport is 18 years while the rest of the applicants will come under the child passport.
List of the documents to be submitted to renew a Peruvian passport
- Recently issued or a current Peruvian passport
- Birth certificate
- Peruvian identification document
- Marriage certificate (this document is valid only to some [of the] applicants)
- Finally the fee receipt
Procedure renew a Peruvian passport
- The citizens of Peru who wish to renew their Peruvian passport must go to the official Peru’s passport issuing website
- You must check out the passport renewal application form at the website
- Fill this form with the correct details listed out in the form
- Once the form is filled, you will have to pay the fee or the passport charges
- The passport fee can be either paid by a debit or a credit card
- When all the documents are ready & you have filled the application form, you will have to submit the application form
- The application form along with the fee receipt is to be submitted at either the passport office in Peru (when the applicant is in Peru) or at a Peruvian embassy (if applicant stays in some other country)
- When the application form is successfully submitted, you will have to give the bio – metric details
- These bio – metric details are inclusive of finger prints / photograph & yes the signature of the applicant
Peruvian passport renewal application processing time
To get the Peruvian passport renewed, the applicants will have to wait for about 20 working days. Besides this, the passport is only renewed when the documents have been submitted correctly & the passport application form is filled with the correct details.
Another important thing to be kept in mind is that you shall not only apply but also collect the form from either the passport office or the embassy or a consulate.
Official download link
For further details about the Peruvian passport renewal application process or to clear your doubts you can click on the link mentioned here. By clicking this link you will be taken to the official passport website – https://www.migraciones.gob.pe/index.php/contacto/