San Marino passport is a really important passport. Hence if your passport has expired then it is advised that you get your passport renewed at the earliest. However, one should remember that when in San Marino, the passport renewal application form is to be lodged at the passport office & if aboard then lodge the form at the San Marino diplomatic missions.
Read on to know how to renew a San Marino passport.
Who can get a San Marino passport renewed?
To have a San Marino passport renewed, the applicant must be a citizen of the Republic of San Marino apart from holding a recently issued San Marino passport. Applicants who are over the age of 18 years will be issued an adult passport while the rest of them will be issued a child passport.
List of documents to be submitted to have a San Marino passport renewed
- Current or the recently issued passport
- Birth certificate
- Proof of identity
- Marriage certificate, this is applicable to some of the applicants only
- 2 recent colour photographs
- Fee receipt
Steps to renew a San Marino passport
- The applicant has to take the passport renewal application form either from the passport office or download it from the official website
- Next step would be to fill the renewal application form correctly
- Attach the documents that are necessary to get the passport renewed
- Pay the passport renewal charges in cash or use a debit or a credit card
- Documents along with the renewal application form have to be submitted at the passport office in – person
- An acknowledgement as well as the passport application number is given to the applicant
- Applicant has to take this application number & then use it to schedule an appointment
- On the day of the said appointment, you will have to provide the authorities bio – metric data
- The bio – metric details are inclusive of photograph / finger prints / signature
San Marino renewal passport fee
- € 60 is the renewal fee if the age of the applicant is over 14 years of age
- € 20 is the fee for 3 to 14 years old applicants
- € 10 is the fee for applicants aged under 3 years
What is the validity of a San Marino passport?
Essentially a San Marino passport will be valid for 10 years for the applicants who are over 14 years of age. And if the applicant is aged between 3 & 14 years then it will be valid for 5 years. However, if the applicant is under the age of 3 then their passport will be valid for 3 years only.
San Marino passport renewal application processing time
15 business days is the time taken by the authorities to renew a San Marino passport & the time is inclusive of the verification process.
Official San Marino passport application form download
One can download San Marino’s passport application form from the following link – http://www.esteri.sm/on-line/en/home.html