Before we start, readers, it is better if you know that with the days passing by, technology is improving every day. Hence now everyone will be able to apply for a passport online. In addition to this, you can even renew or update your existing UK passport & even pay the British’s passport fee online.
For the process to start, applicants must first take a print – out of the form, sign as well as attach the required documents, photographs before submitting the form to the concerned authorities.
Points to remember
To get started on either renewing or updating a UK passport online, you would be required to follow the steps mentioned below –
- Credit or debit card is required to make use of this service
- Keep it in mind that never book tickets till the time your passport is ready & you have received the passport
Steps to update or renew British passport
- If you wish to either update or renew your British passport, you will be required to first fill the application form
- Also check the details before finally paying & taking a print – out of the application form
- Next sign & post this form to the address mentioned on the form
- To start an application, you can click on this following link – https://passportapplication.service.gov.uk/ips-olc/
- When you click on this link, you will find another tab that reads start application
- After clicking that tab fill the required details in the form
In addition to the steps mentioned above, one can also check out the other methods to either renew or update their UK passport. You can go ahead with the post office check & send service or contact the local post office to update or renew the UK passport online.
How to renew or replace a child’s passport?
Till the time, the child is under 16 years old, the passport can not only be renewed but also replaced provided it is a damaged passport. To have the passport renewed or replaced, steps are the same as they were when the passport was applied for your child the 1st time.
Time taken to get a passport
It generally takes about 3 weeks to get a new passport for your child. However, the procedures may take up some more time if you do not provide complete information. Therefore, it is advised that you fill the passport application form carefully.
How to change the name of your child in the passport?
If you wish to change the name of your child in the passport, contact the Passport Advice line to begin the process. The contact details of the Passport Advice line have been mentioned below
Passport Advice line
Telephone – 0300 222 0000 / Text phone – 0300 222 0222 / Text Relay – 18001 0300 222 0000 / Monday to Friday, from 8 a. m. to 8 p. m. & Saturday / Sunday / public holidays, from 9 a. m. to 5: 30 p. m.