Passport as we know is the basic thing that is required if you wish to travel abroad. And now you can without any difficulty apply for a British passport; provided you follow the rules. Thus, to help you out here, we have put together complete list of the procedure for a passport.
In this article, our focus would be on the UK adult passport application form / passport process / steps to apply for a UK passport / eligibility for a British adult passport. Read on to know more about the same.
Eligibility criteria for a UK adult passport
- To get a UK passport, you should be a British national
- Individuals can apply for an adult passport only if they are 16 years or older than that
- However, you can also apply for an adult British passport if you will be 16 years old in another 3 weeks or if you never had been the holder of a child passport
How to apply for a UK passport?
Essentially, there are 2 methods to apply for a British passport, one is that you can apply when you are in UK & the 2nd is when you are not in UK.
Steps to apply for a British passport when in UK
- Fill the UK passport form online
- Take a print – out & attach photos & the required documents
- To begin applying for an adult UK, you can click on the following link & then click on Start – https://www.gov.uk/apply-renew-passport
- To apply for a British passport online, you will have to fill the application form online
- Next check the details
- Pay the passport fees
- Print the declaration form as well
- Finally sign & post the declaration form to the authorised passport office
Things required when applying for a passport online
When you are applying for a UK adult passport online, you should have either a credit or a debit card along with a printer. Furthermore if you are already a passport holder then you must also have the previous issued passport.
Steps to apply for a UK passport if you are outside the United Kingdom
To get a British passport when you are outside the United Kingdom, you can click on the following link & follow the simple steps mentioned there. All you will be required to do is select the country you are residing in & accordingly check the details to apply for a British passport.
Apply for an overseas British passport by clicking on the link – https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports
If the individual is planning to fill the adult passport application form in writing then they can do it. In addition to this the steps listed below will come handy –
A British adult passport application form has to be filled in black ink and you will have to write in capital letters. You can strike off the minor mistakes but do not correct them with the correction fluid. Writing should be well within the boxes & if you happen to make more than 3 mistakes besides your signature not being clear, then apply for a British passport by filling a new form.
Send your UK passport application
Online UK passport application
When you have applied for a UK passport online then the application form along with the documents & photos have to be posted to the address mentioned on the declaration form.
Offline UK passport application
However, if you have applied in the offline mode, then you will be required to forward the filled passport application along with the documents & the photos to the address which is printed on the envelope. Applicants will generally get the envelope with the passport application form only.
But if the applicant is preferring the Passport Check & Send Service then they can take the form with them including the documents & photos to the Post Office.